HEAVENN is a large-scale demo project addressing the requirements of the call, by bringing together core elements: production, distribution, storage and local end-use of hydrogen into a fully-integrated and functioning Hydrogen Valley.
Start of project development
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
PROJECT DEVELOPMENT PHASE
- Business model/business case development
- Technological readiness/technological performance (e.g. availability, efficiency, duration/lifetime)
- Political backing and buy-in
- Project's business case
- Stakeholder cooperation
- Project's governance model
COMMERCIAL AND FINANCING PHASE
- Applying for public subsidy/grant schemes
Applying for support measures will help reducing the financial burdening. A specific subsidy strategy supporting the business model is developed.
- Securing private investors
Explaining the potential of green hydrogen is key in interesting private investors to sure funding contributions.
- Securing public financial support (subsidy/grant)
Continuously searching for additional financial support for the projects, taking into account State Aid regulations. But also due to the fact that the project creates more new projects, which also require additional support.
- Building a financial model
Understanding the financial model is very important in order to engineer the best financial routes to accelerate the broad uptake and deployment of green hydrogen.
- Putting a de-risking framework in place
The de-risking is an important aspect. But it thrives on understanding the new business value chain. Working to develop de-risking strategies is a strategic topic.
- Securing customer commitments to de-risk the financial model
Having customers is the main driver to de-risk. Here also creating understanding of the business topics is key.
N.A.: Not available. This is possible due to two reasons: a) the Hydrogen Valley chose to not publicly display the data or b) the Hydrogen Valley did not answer the specific question in the associated survey.