- Personal data protection
The FCH 2 JU, like other bodies, agencies and offices that are part of the EU institutions, may process your personal data (also known as personal information) for a number of reasons, from dealing with public requests for information to staff matters, procurement contracts, grant agreements etc.
The FCH 2 JU is committed to user privacy. The policy on protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data by the Union institutions and bodies is based on Regulation (EU) 2018/1725.
Although you can browse through most of the pages of our website without giving any information about yourself, in some cases, personal information is required in order to provide the e-services you request, such as for example registration for participation to annual or ad-hoc events organised by the FCH 2 JU within the Mission Innovation Hydrogen Valley Platform Initiative. The pages that require such information treat it according to the policy described in the regulation above and will always contain, in a dedicated privacy statement, the information about how we make use of your data.
In this respect:
- for each e-service, the purposes and means of the processing of personal data are specified in their corresponding privacy statement
- within the FCH 2 JU, the Data Protection Officer ensures that the provisions of the regulation are applied and advises controllers on fulfilling their obligations
- as for all the institutions, the European Data Protection Supervisor will act as an independent supervisory authority
The FCH 2 JU's websites may provide links to third-party sites. Since we do not control them, we encourage you to review their privacy policies.
An e-service on this website is a service or resource made available on the internet in order to provide you with easy and effective access to information and to manage the organisation of events within the Mission Innovation Hydrogen Valley Platform Initiative (hereinafter ‘the Platform’).
- Information contained in a specific privacy statement
- The identity and contact details of the controller
- The contact details of the data protection officer
- What information is collected, for what purpose, the technical means by which the FCH 2 JU collects personal information in order to fulfil a specific purpose, as well as the legal basis
- To whom your information is disclosed, if applicablen>
- How you can access your information, verify its accuracy and, if necessary, correct it, delete it, restrict the processing or where applicable, object to processing or to data portability
- In specific cases, you will also have the right to withdraw your consent
- How long your data is stored
- What security measures are taken to safeguard your information against possible misuse or unauthorised access
- Whom to contact if you have queries or complaints
- Contacting us
Our “Contact” tag includes one contact e-mail address, which activate your email software and open a new email to be addressed to a specific mailbox. When you send such a message, your personal data is collected only in order to reply.
If the team responsible for the mailbox is unable to answer your question, it will forward your email to another service. You will be informed, via email, about which service your question has been forwarded to.
If you have any questions about the processing of your email and related personal data, do not hesitate to include them in your message.
- Safeguarding information
The personal data and information related to the Platform is stored on the servers of FCH 2 JU, the operation of such servers abides by FCH 2 JU’s security decisions and provisions established for this kind of servers and services. This includes the Common IT Security Policy, implemented by the FCH 2 JU applying the security measures described in the Commission Decision (EU Euratom) 2017/46 of 10 January 2017 concerning the security of communication and information systems in the European Commission, Standards on Information Systems Security, Complementary information systems security policy and control measures as applied to specific applications by respective system owners.
- Your rights
When your personal information is processed by FCH 2 JU, you have the right to request access to your personal data and rectify inaccurate or incomplete personal data. Under certain conditions, you have the right to ask the deletion of your personal data or restrict its use. Where applicable, you have the right to object to our processing of your personal data, on grounds relating to your particular situation, at any time, and the right to data portability. To submit your request you can email the data controller at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org In your email, clearly state your request and include the URL of the webpages your request refers to.
In accordance with article 25 Regulation (EU) 2018/1725, the FCH 2 JU may restrict the application of the rights enshrined in Articles 14 to 21, 35 and 36, as well as Article 4 as per Decision of the Governing Board of the Fuel cells and Hydrogen 2 joint Undertaking of 26 May 2020 laying down internal rules concerning restrictions of certain rights of data subjects in relation to processing of personal data in the framework of the functioning of the FCH 2 JU.
- Specific Privacy Statements
Download here the Specific Service Privacy Statement for data collected via online subscriptions for updates about the Platform.
Download here the Specific Service Privacy Statement for data collected via the Matchmaking contact form.
Download here the Specific Service Privacy Statement for data collected via the online “H2V Questionnaire”.